By using Script Designer you can create a small program that will be
executed in response to certain actions (pressing a button, changing field
This chapter describes the script editor only.
To find out what actions can be used in scripts and the basics of scripting functionality, see the Scripting Basics chapter.
Basic cases of using scripts:
To get access to all database scripts, in the Designer menu select the Edit Database Scripts menu item. A new script is to be assigned to the location it should be used. For example, for a toolbar button, the script should be assigned to ToolBar Editor.
The Script Designer window:
The window includes the following elements:
- Tree-like list at the left part of the screen that shows:
- The list of global and used in the edited script variables;
- The list of database user functions;
- If the script editor was opened from the Designer menu, this list allows opening any database script for editing (the Browse tab).
- Main menu;
- Buttons for adding/deleting script lines;
- Main window for script editing.
- Script Menu
- Save Changes and Close - used to save the changes made to the script and close Script Designer.
- Exit without saving - used to exit the designer without saving changes.
- Close - used to close the script editor if it was opened from the Designer menu.
- Debug Menu has script debugging instruments. To learn more, see Script Debugging. This menu option is available only if the script editor is opened from the Designers menu.
- Edit Menu
- Edit Line - used to edit the current line (for example, change the rule for If or parameters for action). You can also perform this command by double-clicking the script line.
- Hide/Show Block of Code - used to hide/show the block of code located between the If and End If statements;
- Cut - used to cut selected lines from the script;
- Copy - used to copy selected lines;
- Paste - used to paste copied lines into the script;
- Delete - used to delete selected lines from the script.
- Add Line Menu - use this menu as an alternative to buttons for
adding a new line to the script.
- User Functions Menu
- Insert... - used to add a User Function to the script;
- Create New... - used to create a new User Function;
- Modify Existed... - used to modify an existing User Function.
Learn more about User Functions...
- Help Menu - used to open the help file that you are currently reading.
When working with a script, it is recommended to use hot keys. Hot key combinations marked with * work only when the Script Designer window is selected.
|Save changes and quit||Ctrl+S
|Exit without saving||Ctrl+F4
|Switch to one action||Ctrl+F5
|Hide/Show block of script||F2
|Add if rule...||Ctrl+I
|Add else if rule...||Ctrl+Y
|Add if confirm(...)||Ctrl+R
|Edit current line||Enter*
|Delete current line||Del*
|Move current line upper||[*
|Delete current line lower||]*