The All-in-One Database Software Solution
To add a chart to the database:
- Select Add > Special > Chart... from the menu.
- Specify the source of records for the chart. These can be records from a specific folder, as well as records from a query. The chart will be created using the records data.
- After that, the Chart Configuration window will be opened:
- In this window on the 'Type' tab, specify the chart type (bars, line, pie and so on).
- On the second tab 'Datasets' it is required to specify correct values for the three key fields:
- Argument field - specify a field that will be the argument (usually defined horizontally). For example, if you want to get the average level of sales for goods, select the 'Name of Goods' field as the argument; if you want to get a chart of changing the average cost of goods in time, select the 'Order Date' field as the argument.
Note: If the argument field has the 'Data' type, the program will offer to pass to the 'date chart'. In contrast to a usual chart, the date chart has a possibility to group records by days, weeks, months and provides fields to choose the time interval.
- Value field - specify a field from which it is necessary to get data that should be displayed on the chart (numeric value, usually defined vertically). For example, for a chart displaying changes of the average order price in time, the value is the 'order cost'.
- Value operation - define how to group values with the same argument. Possible values: sum, average, min, max. For example, for the chart displaying levels of sales by goods, it is necessary to specify 'sum', and for the chart displaying changes of the average order price in time - 'average'.
- If you need to display several charts on one list (for example, to compare sales of two groups of goods), you should add an additional set of data by clicking the 'New' button on the Datasets tab and specifying an additional source of data and fields for it. Records from a dataset can be filtered by clicking the 'Filter' button.
An example of a chart with 2 datasets:
- Specify other parameters of the chart - colors, axes, legend and so on.