The All-in-One Database Software Solution
As the calendar represents a special folder in the database, all its properties are united with the folder properties.
Therefore, to specify calendar settings, right-click the calendar folder and select the Folder Properties... or Calendar Properties... item from the displayed Folder menu.
The calendar properties window will appear on the screen:
The window contains 2 tabs common for all folders and 3 tabs for setting up the calendar properties themselves: Calendar Data, View and Behaviour.
Calendar Data Tab
On this tab, you can specify the source of the records that should be displayed on the calendar, and fields containing start/end dates and time of events. To learn more, see the Creating Calendars section.
To describe this tab, let us study a part of the calendar:
- Subject Field - field from which the heading of the event is taken. The heading is specified in bold font on the calendar events (Meeting, Discuss Soft B, Presentation).
- Body Text Formula - Text Formula on the basis of which the description of the event will be generated.
In our example only one field - "[Location]" - is specified as a text formula. Therefore, we see the value of this field on the calendar (Office A, Office B).
- Set Dynamic Colors... - allows you to specify different colors for events depending on the content of the records (in the picture - green, red and blue). Learn more about color rules...
- Default view - allows you to specify the calendar scale on its opening:
- Work week
- Full week
- Show Date Picker - in case this option is enabled, a regular calendar with several months for fast passing to a necessary date will be displayed on the right of the events calendar.
- Time Scale - step of the time scale (thin horizontal lines in the picture). When events are moved on the calendar, the values of the fields storing start/end time of the event will be changed at the specified step. For example, if the step of the time scale is 30 minutes, the event can be moved at 12:00, 12:30, 13:00 and so on, but not at 12:15 or 12:42.
On this tab, the behaviour of the calendar and possible user actions are described:
- To create a new record using the calendar (the Allow to create new records check box should be selected), double-click on any blank area of the calendar. At that, a new record with the pre-set start/end time and date of the event will be created. You can also create a long-term event by selecting any area on the calendar and right-clicking it.
- The On record change (drag) script is called for a record after the user has moved the event on the calendar or changed its start/end time. In this script you can, for example, specify to update the field with duration of the event or send a notification on the event moving.