2013-12-19: New v10.5
Brillinat Database Pro, Server, WP and Ultimate v10.5 are now available for download and order. This is the most stable and powerfull release of Brilliant DAtabase. 40 new features are added.
To update your current version of Brilliant Database to the new one you should:
- Download the new version;
- Install it;
- Fill in the upgrade form. You will automatically receive registration keys for v10 in case your one-year period of free updates has not expired or links to purchase new versions at 40% discount in case your period of free updates has expired. Use these links to purchase a new registration key for v10 with 40% discount.
- Activate the software using the new registration key.
Major Improvements since v9
Calculator with formulas for numerical fields
By pressing Enter key or on double click you can enter simple formula and calculate value right in the numerical field. E.g. 10+15+12 = 37.
HTML Field – allows showing custom HTML content or any internet web-page content. E.g. you can use to show address on google maps or any youtube video;
Full Windows 8 support
The software works fine on all Windows 8 devices now.
Unlimited Database Size
With our new engine it’s possible to create database of any size. The size of a database is limited only by your storage device. No more 4Gb limit!
Get Totals Fast
Now you can easily get sum, average or min/max value of several records only by two clicks – click on the any column header and select the new “Get Totals” menu items.
Created and Modify Date/User Fields
Four new system fields which automatically tracks the following data for each record:
- Creation date and time;
- Recent modification date and time;
- A user who has created the record;
- A user who has modified the record.
In-Folder Records Drag-and-Drop (Reorder)
With version 10 you can manually reorder records in your folder by simple drag-and-drop. E.g. set the order of your items or tasks in way you like. Of course you can handle this operation with a script (e.g. save positions of records into a field).
Brilliant Database Ultimate Improvements - v10.5
- Possibility to set any Intro Window image of any size and custom content;
- Possibility to create up to 3 custom menus on the Main Menu.
- You can use any icons (including large-size and 24bit);
- You can select custom name for the executable. A user will see your application name even he press “Ctrl+Alt+Del” and analyze the software.
- Possibility to hide the Main menu (even the “File” menu item);
- Possibility to hide status bar on startup;
- Possibility to run custom script on the first database load (default after the software installation);
- Calculator with formulas for numerical fields.
By pressing the Enter key or on double click you can enter simple formula and calculate value right in the numerical field. E.g. 10+15+12 = 37.
- In-Folder Records Drag-and-Drop (Reorder). With version 10 you can manually reorder records in your folder by simple drag-and-drop. E.g. set the order of your items or tasks in way you like. Of course you can handle this operation with a script (e.g. save positions of records into a field)
- The new "Position" column allows you to show the record"s position in its folder;
- Attachments can be dragged out.
Now you can simply drag-and-drop attachments from the attachments window of the software to any Windows folder.
- Database Access Log. V10 tracks all logins to your database and you can easily check who and when has been accessed your database.
- Export Database Structure - Select “File->Database Maintenance->Export Structure...” and get list of all forms, fields and folders in simple and handy HTML file, which you can send your colleagues or boss.
- PNG images format is fully supported now;
- Attachment Archiving (Zipping). All files attachments are stored in compressed way making your database file size much slower (depends on the attachments type)
- Check for Updates - The new “Check for updates” feature allows you to know about the new version and get it with one click.
- Now you can view number of records after filtering on the folder information bar;
- Maximum number of attachments per record is increased to 256;
- Optimization now works much more effectively, which decreases the database size and increases the speed of work.
- The "text FILE" formatting for getting the name of a file from the path to the file is added.
- Form Designer - minor improvements: for example, when elements are created on the dark background, text color is automatically inverted.
- You can setup a header for a calendar printout using the [$_calendar header text] variable.
- Possibility to hide a folder header;
- Possibility to remember recent folder for the “Select Record(s)” dialog;
- Improved Form Tabs. With version 10 you are able to customize each form tab independently:
Set different background colors, set visibility rules for each tab and write script to control each tab selection.
- You can change “Edit and Visibility” option for group of fields now;
- Smooth and informative multi object drag-and-drop in Report Style editor;
- Possibility to block the option to open your database with the “-noscripts” parameter, which turn off all timers scripts.
Scripting and Automation
- You can comment any line of code now;
- "Popup Records" action allows you to setup a new window width and height size. Also you can add a dropdown box instead of tree to select a folder during record input;;
- The new “Close Window” action allows you to close a popuped window with a script;
- New text formatting flag: TRIMBR – allows to cut leading and ending line breaks;
- Focus Many-to-Many Cell Action. New script function to start edit a cell in the many-to-many relational field is added. E.g. you can use it to point cursor to the quantity field after adding an item to the many-to-many relational field;
- New recordset formatting option - |_id|. Use [$mmr^rset |_id|] – to get list of IDs stored in a recordset.
Critical Bug Fixes
- Blinking of the status bar is fixed;
- Network bug with slow reading of unbuffered folders;
- Better object dragging in Designer Mode, no more object “jumping” after popup windows;
- Many-to-many last column printout is fixed;
- Tablet PC Windows 8 crash critical bug is fixed;
- Folder filter clear after in-folder drag-and-drop bug is fixed;
- Bug with fields visibility on automated tab switch is fixed;
- Bug with long filenames is fixed (e.g. on attaching files from a location with long path)
- Bug with script non-executing on deleting records from many-to-many relation field is fixed;
- No many-to-many auto refresh on “Record Input-New Record” is fixed;
- Conversion of record type for the current record is fixed;
- "More than 200 000" records in one folder display bug is fixed;
- Database size is increased after recurrent optimization bug is fixed;
Home | Database Features |
Examples | Download |